About a month after it released macOS Catalina 10.15.1, Apple yesterday launched macOS Catalina 10.15.2.
If you have a compatible Mac, you can download it from the Mac App Store.
The beta version featured no major upgrades, but the final update brings Stocks improvements, new stories, a fresh layout for Apple News Plus, bug fixes for Mail and Photos, and the ability to use an iPhone to remotely control the TV and Music apps on an Apple Mac computer.
According to Apple, the latest macOS update improves the performance, reliability and stability of all Mac computers.
Below are more details.
- At the end of each article, you will now find links to other articles from that publisher or related news
- Top Stories now feature ‘Developing’ and ‘Breaking’ labels
- Apple News stories are now available in French and English in Canada
- Various other improvements, including some bug fixes
Apple News Plus
- This has a fresh layout and stories from major newspapers such as the Wall Street Journal
- Fixes album artwork not showing up
- Brings back the column browser view, which is useful when you want to manage your music library
- Resolves the music equaliser settings resetting during playback
Fixes the following issues:
- Some MP4 and .AVI files not being supported
- New folders not showing up in Albums view
- Manually sorted photos in an album being exported or printed out of order
- The zoom-to-crop tool failing to work in Print Preview
- You can now use an iPad or iPhone to remotely manage the TV and Music apps on your Mac
- Fixes Mail Preferences starting up with a blank screen
- Fixes a problem that sometimes prevented users from using undo to retrieve deleted mail
The latest macOS update also fixes various other minor glitches and bugs.
Before you go
After spending over 20 years working with Macs, both old and new, theres a tool I think would be useful to every Mac owner who is experiencing performance issues.
CleanMyMac is highest rated all-round cleaning app for the Mac, it can quickly diagnose and solve a whole plethora of common (but sometimes tedious to fix) issues at the click of a button. It also just happens to resolve many of the issues covered in the speed up section of this site, so Download CleanMyMac to get your Mac back up to speed today.